Q: Offline Activation for LAB 5
It’s much faster and more reliable to activate LAB 5 online. See the FAQ here for the process to do this. However, if the computer you want to run LAB 5 on does not have an active internet connection, then follow the quick steps below to activate your LAB 5 license on a computer without access to the internet.
- Install LAB 5 on your production computer
- If you are still in the trial period, then click System -> License to open the license screen, then click Activate -> Offline Activation to reveal this screen:
- Enter your license number in the top box, then click “Site Certificate” to generate a unique certificate for your license and computer
- Copy this certificate to the clipboard with the button provided, then enter that license into the form you will find here:
Your production computer is not online, so you’ll need to transfer this certificate to another computer to achieve this.
- Click “Activate” and a unique activation certificate will be shown. This certificate is only usable on the computer that created the site certificate.
- Click the “Copy to Clipboard” button, then transfer this text to your production computer.
- Enter this activation certificate in the bottom of the offline activation window (see link below), and click “Activate”.
This is a one-time process, but it will need to be repeated at the start of each subscription period. Online activation is automatic and will automatically update at the start of each new subscription period.