Our products rely on several Microsoft components that are installed by default on the vast majority of systems, but might be out of date or missing – especially on older systems. If these are missing, then various issues can result, including:
- Preview image and / or thumbnails not appearing
- Problems saving images from PNG files
- Applications don’t run at all
- On QuickServer: all image files are ‘skipped’ and no actual processing takes place
This FAQ lists the best ways to fix these various issues on Windows systems.
- For all Windows systems
- Run Windows Update and install all pending updates, including recommended / optional updates.
- Install the MS Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC
- For Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1